Facebook makes it so easy to raise money for a cause you believe in. Create one in support of the Sleep Out. You could even host one for your birthday instead of asking for presents. Thank you! View current Sleep Out fundraisers for inspiration and ideas.
To create an interfaith outreach fundraiser:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed
- Select Nonprofit/Charity
- Click Raise Money. Note – set your fundraiser deadline as 12/31/17 for the Sleep Out
- Select Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners
- Choose a cover photo – we have Sleep Out themed options all ready for you!
- Fill in your fundraiser details – sample copy below
- Click Create
Suburban poverty can be hard to see, so it might surprise you to know that 436 of the 2,005 families Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners worked with last year experienced homelessness. The average cost of a one-month stay in a Hennepin County shelter for a family of four is $3,659. The average cost for Interfaith Outreach to keep that same family in their existing home for a month is $764. Will you help me reach my goal of raising $_____ for the Sleep Out campaign to help a struggling family stay in their housing?
The funds we raise through the Sleep Out help us deliver individualized services (in the areas of family support, food, housing and neighborhoods, education and youth, employment, and transportation) that help more than 2,000 local families each year stabilize, strengthen and thrive. View Interfaith Outreach’s video to see the impact you can make in the lives of struggling families and kids.