Throughout the year, IOCP volunteers coordinate special programs for people in the IOCP service area. The generosity of community members through financial and in-kind support has made these efforts successful year after year.
Holiday Gift Program
Last year, 539 families requesting holiday gift assistance were paired with sponsors who anonymously provided gifts for every family member.
Back to School
In 2014-15, 750 students K through 12 were given the supplies required to have a strong start to the school year. Needed Supplies.
Available to IOCP families expecting a newborn. Include blankets, infant clothes, diapers, and other nursery necessities. Last year, 46 babies were welcomed home with a variety of supplies. Donations welcome year-round.
More than 340 children and teens (ages 1 to 18) received birthday gifts in 2014-15. Available for families served by IOCP, the Birthday Shelf provides a gift ($15-$20 value), a book, and party supplies to help make a fun birthday celebration! The program relies solely on the generosity of community donations.
Printable Flyer about supporting the Birthday Shelf.
Most needed items include:
- Gift Certificates of $15-$20 value to teen-friendly places like the movie theater, Chipotle, Target, Punch Pizza, etc.
- Birthday theme plates and napkins, gift bags – large and medium
- Books for preschool children
- Movies – all ages
- Dolls (examples: Barbies, Dora, Sophia, etc., or their play sets)
- Science experiments
- Building toys/sets/imagination (examples:Duplos, Legos, Fisher Price, Jake the Pirate,Thomas the Train, * Angry Birds, Spiderman, Disney, Frozen, Dora, etc they do not need to be ‘brand’ name)
- Basketballs, Footballs, Soccer balls
- Teen personal care items (E.g. hair dryers, curling iron, cologne or perfume)