The Interfaith Outreach Holiday Gift Program (or some call it Adopt-a-Family) is unique because it honors the faith traditions most practiced by our program participants. Individuals and families choose one of the following to participate in each year. Community members provide donations to make these programs possible! Families of all sizes and ages need support.
The Christmas program directly matches client families in need of holiday gift assistance to generous sponsors who anonymously provide specific gifts using a $50-per-person guideline. Sponsor one person, one family or multiple families depending on how much you can contribute to the effort.
- Sept. 6: Sponsor online registration opens
- You may request family size, type and ages – we will make every effort to match your requests. Early registration ensures the best match!
- You will receive a confirmation email of your registration
- Nov. 6: Registered sponsors notified of family match and given a gift/shopping list
- Nov. 8: Sponsor registration closes
- Nov. 14: Registered sponsors can begin shopping for gifts for families
- Nov. 15: Financial donors continue to donate financially or provide gift cards (in $25 increments to Target) so that families who were not able to participate in the “sponsor matched” portion of the program can still be supported (limited depending on availability).
- Dec. 6-7 (Friday & Saturday): The BIG Gift Drop! Sponsors drop off gifts to Interfaith Outreach. More details in the Holiday Gift toolkit.
- Dec. 8 (Sunday): The BIG Gift Pickup! Matched families pick up their gifts.
The Eid al-Fitr program allows Muslim families to attend community celebrations, events and activities together to honor their traditions while providing financial support for gift giving. You can help ensure all families have a special Eid celebration by donating Target gift cards of $10-15 increments or by contributing financial support by Spring 2020. Interfaith will then provide families with assistance with clothing purchases or entry fees at special venues in the community (e.g. Valleyfair).
Interfaith Outreach helps our families connect with Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) to receive gifts and holiday ritual items through referrals to their Hag Sameach program.