CONTAINS: infographic with general “flow” of fall/wtr program, make it attractive, enticing to new sponsors and include list of those who help so people can see themselves here: We have all kinds of sponsors…Individuals, Families, Extended families, Corporations, Student Council Neighborhood groups and faith groups, Scouts and youth organizations, Book clubs, Red Hat clubs, Bridge clubs etc.)
The Interfaith Outreach Holiday Gift Program (or some call it Adopt-a-Family) is unique because it honors the faith traditions most practiced by our program participants. Individuals and families choose one of the following to participate in each year. Community members provide donations to make these programs possible! Families of all sizes and ages need support.
The Christmas program directly matches client families in need of holiday gift assistance to generous sponsors who anonymously provide specific gifts using a $50-per-person guideline. Sponsor one person, one family or multiple families depending on how much you can contribute to the effort.
- Sept. 7: Sponsor online registration opens
- You may request family size, type and ages – we will make every effort to match your requests. Early registration ensures the best match!
- You will receive a confirmation email of your registration
- Nov. 9: Sponsor registration closes
- Nov. 7: Registered sponsors notified of family match & given a gift/shopping list
- Nov. 15: Registered sponsors can begin shopping for gifts for families
- Nov. 16: Financial donors continue to donate financially or provide gift cards (in $25 increments to Kohls, Target, JCPenny etc.) so that families who were not able to participate in the “sponsor matched” portion of the program can still be supported (limited depending on availability).
- Dec. 7-8 (Friday & Saturday): The BIG Gift Drop / Registered sponsors drop off gifts
- Dec. 9 (Sunday): The BIG Gift Pick-up / Matched families pick up their gifts
The Hag Sameach program works in partnership with the Jewish Family and Children’s Service (JFCS) to
provide gifts and holiday ritual items to families and individuals who celebrate Chanukah.
The Eid-al Fitr program allows Muslim families to attend community celebrations, events and activities together to honor their traditions while providing financial support for gift giving.