Interested groups should contact our Community Engagement Coordinator, Najmo Yusuf, to share more about their group size, schedule and area of interest so we can coordinate a volunteer event that’s rewarding to you and meaningful to the organization. Here are some examples of how groups support our mission:
- Volunteer as a group in our Food Shelf assisting our families, restocking our shelves and bagging groceries. Age 14 or older. Weekday mornings and afternoon shifts available.
- Volunteer as a group in our store, Resale Select, receiving and sorting donations. The store is open Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m.-5p.m. and Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Community Dinner: Prepare and serve a meal to Neighborhood Program residents. Sponsor is responsible for setup and cleanup.
- Help sort through donated school supplies and pack up grade-specific bags of supplies for our youth. Shifts available in August. Middle School, High School and adults welcome.
- Volunteer at the annual school supply distribution and resource fair! Adults welcome.
- Volunteer at our Holiday Gift Program registration to help families check in, sign up and record their family’s gift ideas for the sponsorship program. October. Adults welcome.
- Help load in donations of holiday gifts, check to make sure all family’s gifts have arrived and get gifts organized in preparation for our gift distribution.
- Holiday Gift Distribution: help individuals pick up their family’s holiday gifts from Interfaith Outreach.
- Assist with preparation for one of our fundraisers like the Plant Sale (May) or Furniture Sale (June).
And check out this list of things you can do on your own to support our work.