Coordinate a volunteer event that’s rewarding to you and meaningful to your organization. Interested groups should contact our Community Engagement Staff (763-489-7505 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to share more about their group size, schedule and area of interest. Here are some examples of how groups support our mission:
- Volunteer as a group in our food shelf assisting our families, restocking our shelves and bagging groceries. Age 14 or older. Weekday mornings and afternoon shifts available.
- Volunteer as a group in our store, Resale Select, receiving and sorting donations. Group events can happen during store hours, Monday-Saturday.
- Help sort through donated school supplies and pack up grade-specific bags of supplies for our youth. Shifts available in August. Middle school, high school and adults welcome.
- Volunteer at the annual school supply distribution and resource fair! Adults welcome.
- Volunteer at our Holiday Gift Program registration to help families check in, sign up and record their family’s gift ideas for the sponsorship program. October. Adults welcome.
- Help load in donations of holiday gifts, check to make sure all family’s gifts have arrived and get gifts organized in preparation for our gift distribution.
- Holiday Gift Distribution: help individuals pick up their family’s holiday gifts from Interfaith Outreach.
- Community Dinner: Prepare and serve a meal to Neighborhood Program residents. Sponsor is responsible for setup and cleanup.
- Assist with preparation for seasonal events or one-time projects like The Home Event, a summer furniture and home goods sale, or our Gear Swap.
And check out this list of things you can do on your own to support our work.