Thanks for helping us spread a message of belonging! If you have a “You Belong” sign, please drop it off at Interfaith Outreach.
The Sleep Out prevents homelessness and reminds every member of our community, “You Belong.” This November, we want to plant yard signs all over town to signal the Sleep Out has begun and to share a powerful message of belonging with everyone in our community. But that’s not all — we encourage you to inspire generosity in your friends and family members!
SPREAD “YOU BELONG” ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Plant your yard sign. Pick up You Belong yard signs at Interfaith Outreach.
- Take a photo of your planted yard sign. Make it a selfie, or include your family, dog, or whatever you want – get creative! (Don’t have a photo to post? Download this one.) Email your photo to Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add it to our social channels.
- Update your profile picture on Facebook with your “You Belong” picture and share why YOU support the Sleep Out. Tag Interfaith Outreach’s social channels and use #InterfaithYouBelong
Feel free to adapt and use these messages for your social posts:
- (Video post panning the front of your house and “You Belong” sign) Did you see the “You Belong” yard sign outside my house and all over town? Interfaith Outreach and I want our neighbors to see the message “You Belong” everywhere and know they are appreciated! Over the years, The Sleep Out and this community have prevented homelessness 33,272 times. Will you help me reach my goal of raising $XXX to prevent homelessness? Donate at iocp.org/sleepout and enter my name in the text box on the donation page! Thank you! #InterfaithYouBelong
- (Post a photo of yourself holding the “You Belong” sign) I’m standing up tall for my neighbors who are experiencing homelessness with @[tag Interfaith Outreach]. We all belong in our community. #InterfaithYouBelong Making a donation to my Facebook fundraiser sends a message of care to the 1 in 5 families that arrived at Interfaith last year experiencing homelessness.
- (Post a photo holding the “You Belong” sign) We all belong in our community. You. Me. Everyone! Go to iocp.org/sleepout to make a donation and send a message of care to the 1 in 5 families that arrived at Interfaith last year experiencing homelessness. @iocpinterfaith #InterfaithYouBelong #SleepOut4families
- (Post a boomerang of you planting a “You Belong” sign in your yard) Put a stake in the ground! Let everyone know we all belong in this community. Go to iocp.org/youbelong to send a message of care to the 1 in 5 families that arrived at Interfaith last year experiencing homelessness. @iocpinterfaith #SleepOut4families #InterfaithYouBelong
- (Create a compelling visual or video of you/friends and explain why the “You Belong” message is meaningful to you) I’m participating in the “You Belong” Sleep Out Experience because I believe we are the strongest when we work together. Interfaith Outreach and the Sleep Out has prevented homelessness 33,272 times. Will you help me reach my goal of raising $XXX by ____? Donate at iocp.org/sleepout and enter my name in the text box on the donation page. Thank you! #InterfaithYouBelong